At Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We’re a team that dares to look at the world’s challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
This position is eligible for a Hybrid work schedule, and will be based out of our San Diego location. Although San Diego is the preferred location, Davidson, NC will also be an option.
Trane Technologies is hiring! This position will assume responsibility for delivery and execution of a standardized, compliant regional free trade agreement and government procurement program to support the enterprise for the functional area of responsibility in coordination with the Trade Compliance Director. Must have direct experience with free trade agreement and government procurement qualifications.
- Assume responsibility for the delivery and execution of a standardized, compliant regional free trade agreement and government procurement program for the Americas.
- Ensure Customs duties are fully minimized/controlled within the Americas region.
- Develop, publish and maintain a dashboard to measure and track free trade agreement and government procurement productivity.
- Develop, publish and maintain key performance indicators relating to free trade agreement and government procurement programs as well as all other regional trade compliance productivity initiatives.
- Monitor these metrics to ensure customer service level agreement standards are met and use these metrics to identify process improvements and duty minimization opportunities. Take corrective action where necessary.
- Lead root cause analysis supporting resolution of compliance issues.
- Responsible for identification and execution of continuous improvement to drive process improvement for the area of functional responsibility.
- Develop, implement and keep current standard operating procedures and standard work instructions to support functional area of responsibility.
- Monitor/audit and ensure adherence to policies, procedures and desk-level instructions relating to compliant international transactions within the functional area or responsibility.
- Define, develop and deliver Trade Compliance training for the regional trade compliance functional area of responsibility.
- Liaise with internal departments across business units on regulatory and duty matters and opportunities as needed.
- Ensure functional area(s) of responsibility are conforming to the standards of internal controls. Periodically audit according to standardized audit program.
- Work with the company’s SBUs to ensure that their functional area operations and processes comply with the relevant trade laws and regulations.
- Participate in communication with government authorities as it pertains to free trade agreement audits/reviews.
- Support trade compliance related recordkeeping program and reconciliation process for functional area of responsibility.
- Support service level agreements and activities including regular business reviews in coordination with the Trade Compliance Director.
- Facilitate other regional trade compliance projects as needed.
- Stay abreast of all issues and regulations that impact regional trade compliance activities through trade publications, communications with service providers and regular reviews of the appropriate government websites and trade association memberships.
- Perform other duties associated with trade compliance as may be required maintaining a customer focused attitude and supporting the Trade Compliance Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of direct experience in free trade agreement and/or government procurement qualification and Americas trade compliance.
- Subject Matter expertise in relevant areas of trade compliance (regional free trade agreements, classification, valuation, export and import authorizations, country of origin, solicitation, qualification, rules of origin, government procurement, etc.) is required.
- Oracle experience preferred
- Fluency in English oral and written. Bilingual a plus.
- Up to 10% travel
Base Compensation Range is $60,000-$88,000.
Disclaimer: This base salary range is based on US national averages. Actual base pay could be a result of seniority, merit, geographic location where the work is performed.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.