We are seeking students who are eager to learn, self-motivated and comfortable working independently. This internship will make an impact! You will assist the Financial Systems team on system implementations, enhancements projects and testing activities and to support our business partners. These projects are crafted to improve your communication and teamwork skills by collaborating with individuals across many functions in our organization, such as Corporate Accounting, Supply Chain, Financial Planning and Accounts Payable. Working alongside professionals in the field, you will gain in-depth knowledge about the energy industry and chosen field of expertise. You will apply what you have learned in school to impactful projects within a publicly traded, multi-state utility energy company. Learn more about our internship program here:
PAY: $17.00 (set by job function/department)
- Additional benefits include meaningful work, relocation benefits, intern week experience, casual dress code, plus you’ll earn 401k contributions during your internship.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Financial Systems Manager / Project Coordinator
LOCATION: Rapid City, South Dakota
- To learn more about our company, visit our internship page and locations page on our career website.
- Intern Relocation Adjustment Allowance of $1,000.00 is offered for the purpose of assisting with various expenses associated with your relocation for the internship (less applicable taxes and based on eligibility). Contents of our relocation program are subject to change and may vary based on position.
- College junior or above working towards a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Computer Science. If you are a recent graduate, you must be within 1 year of your graduation date.
- No experience required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform assigned duties in a professional manner to facilitate the objectives and goals of the organization.
- Collaborate with Financial Systems team and business partners to prioritize and assign project tasks.
- Prepare documentation for Financial System projects and related activities.
- Assist the team with testing and troubleshooting.
- Participate in weekly team meetings.
- Analyze business processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Support and assist the Financial Systems Manager and other staff in meeting deadlines and goals.
- Basic knowledge of business administration, accounting and/or finance.
- Ability to perform financial systems duties of basic to average difficulty.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the team and with our business partners in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of business, employee and applicant information.